POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest test (77kb jpeg) : Re: Forest test (77kb jpeg) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:06:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Forest test (77kb jpeg)
From: Tek
Date: 19 Jun 2004 16:36:17
Message: <40d4a3c1$1@news.povray.org>
The technique certainly has potential. I seem to remember trying something
similar myself a while ago, though I don't think I ever got it looking that
good.

My suggestion would be change the texture on the trees. I'm not sure if it's a
symptom of the "fuzzy edge" technique, but the trees in the foreground really
look wrong. I'd suggest use a more opaque texture (though not totally) with a
high frequency normal to simulate dense foliage.

But, having said that, I don't really think it needs to look good close up, it
seems much better suited to showing sweeping hills covered in thousands of
trees.

Nice work.

--
Tek